ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) - The final game of the four-game homestand is on deck for the UCF men’s soccer team as they prepare to host West Virginia on Friday, Sept. 7 at 7 p.m. at the UCF Soccer Complex.
- The series record against the Mountaineers is 1-0-1.
- The last meeting between the two was last season that ended in a 0-0 draw.
- In the last duel, West Virginia was ranked No. 14 in the nation.
- This season, West Virginia is 2-1 and 1-0 on the road.
- The Mountaineers are coming off a 5-1 win over American University.
- The Knights top the conference in many categories including: assists per game (1.75), corner kicks per game (6.75), points per game (5.75), scoring offense, shots per game (20.25), shots on goal per game (9.25), total assists (7), total goals (8), and total points (23).
- Cal Jennings is first in the conference and third in the nation in shots on goal per game with three. Jennings is also leading The American in total goals (3), goals per game (1), and total points (7).
- Yannik Oettl leads the conference and is top 20 in the nation in goalie minutes played (384:55).
- Jennings was also this week’s American Athletic Conference Player of the Week after netting a hat trick against Liberty in the 4-1 win. This is the second straight week the Knights have received the award.
- In the match with Virginia Tech, the Knights registered 13 shots on goal, a new season high. This season, 45.7 percent of the Knights shots are on target.
Season tickets for the 2018 campaign are on sale now. Fans looking to purchase tickets can call (407) 823-1000 or visit UCFKnights.com to secure them today. For men's soccer tickets CLICK HERE.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.