ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The No. 24 UCF women’s soccer team returns home to host SMU in an American Athletic Conference matchup on Thursday evening.
UCF (8-4-1, 5-1 The American) will host the Mustangs (8-5-1, 3-3 The American) at 7 p.m. at the UCF Soccer Complex.
The first 100 UCF students will receive a free soccer scarf.
- UCF jumped back into the United Soccer Coaches Top 25 on Tuesday, landing at No. 24.
- Stefanie Sanders extended her team lead to 11 goals in 2018, tallying back-to-back game-winners against then-No. 15/18 Memphis and Tulsa last weekend.
- Nine different Knights have netted a goal in 2018, while 12 different members of the squad have tallied a point.
- Zandy Soree is second for the Knights with six goals and 14 total points on the season.
- Kristen Scott has four goals in 2018
- Madison Murnin and Piper Dotsikas joined the list of goal scorers in the 3-1 win at Tulsa.
- Vera Varis has started each match for the Knights, making 39 saves with a 1.22 goals-against average in 2018.
In The Ranks
- On Oct. 16, UCF returned to the United Soccer Coaches Top 25, jumping back in at No. 24.
- The Knights began the 2018 campaign ranked 16th in the preseason poll and return to the rankings after slipping out after the Week 1 poll.
- The UCF men’s soccer team is ranked 19th, making the Knights are the only school in the state of Florida with both programs ranked and one of six schools in the country to be ranked in both polls.
- Individually, Stefanie Sanders leads the nation in shots per game and shots on goal per game. She is fifth in the country with five game-winning goals and ranks seventh with 0.92 goals per game.
- As a team, UCF is ranked nationally in shots per game (35th) and scoring offense (37th).
Scouting the Mustangs
- SMU is 8-5-1 on the season, with a 3-3 mark in league play. The Mustangs return to action after their bye weekend in league play.
- The Knights lead the all-time series 14-6-1, including a 6-1-1 advantage in The American.
- Allie Thornton leads SMU with eight goals, including three game-winners. In all, 10 different Mustangs have netted a goal this season
- Catie Brown has played in 14 matches, making 50 saves with a 0.99 goals-against average.
The Knights close out their regular season homestand on Sunday, Oct. 21, hosting Houston in a 2 p.m. contest at the UCF Soccer Complex. UCF will recognize its eight-member senior class prior to the start of the game.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team in its sixth season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.