TULSA, Okla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women’s soccer team completed its weekend road sweep with a 3-1 win over Tulsa at Hurricane Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
The overcast weather couldn't slow down the Knights (8-4-1, 5-1 The American). Madison Murnin gave UCF a 1-0 lead over Tulsa (6-8-1, 2-4 The American) in the seventh minute.
Stefanie Sanders doubled the advantage in the 61st minute, dribbling the ball up the middle before taking a shot from 15 yards out. Just three minutes later, Piper Dotsikas added to the score, finding the back of the net in the 64th minute.
Tulsa tallied a marker in the 86th minute as Gabriella Borboa scored to avoid the shutout for the Golden Hurricane.
Another Team Effort
- UCF played 19 members of its squad in the win on Sunday.
- Only two Knights played the entire 90 minutes – Vera Varis and Maura Aman.
- Eleven members of the Black and Gold registered a shot and all three goals came from different Knights.
Goals on Goals on Goals
- Madison Murnin scored her first goal of the season to put the Knights ahead early in the match.
- Stefanie Sanders extended her team lead to 11 goals on the season with her marker in the 61st minute.
- In the 64th minute, Piper Dotsikas found the back of the net for the first time in her UCF career.
- Sanders had a hand in Murnin’s goal, feeding the ball to Samantha Chung who found Murnin.
- Murnin played the ball on to Dotsikas for UCF’s final marker of the contest.
The Knights return to the UCF Soccer Complex to host SMU on Oct. 18 and Houston on Oct. 21.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team is in its sixth season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.