TULSA, Okla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women’s soccer team continues its road swing, taking on Tulsa in an American Athletic Conference matchup on Sunday.
UCF (7-4-1, 4-1 The American) will face the Golden Hurricane (6-7-1, 2-3 The American) in a 2 p.m. ET contest at the Hurricane Stadium.
- UCF scored a goal in each half to hand No. 15/18 Memphis its first loss in conference play this season on Thursday evening.
- Stefanie Sanders extended her team lead to 10 goals in 2018, tallying the game-winner in the 21st minute against the Tigers.
- Carrie Lawrence became the seventh Knight to score a goal this season, sending a shot from long range in to the top left corner of the goal at Memphis.
- Zandy Soree is second for the Knights with six goals and 14 total points on the season.
- After recording three assists, Dina Orschmann on her first goal of the season in the win at UConn.
- Kristen Scott has four goals in 2018, while Konya Plummer tallied her first goal as a Knight in the draw at Maryland and Jessica Taylor notched her first marker at Temple.
- Vera Varis has started each match for the Knights, making 36 saves with a 1.24 goals-against average in 2018.
- UCF has been solid in games away from home this season as the Knights are 5-1-1 in true road games.
- The Knights opened the season with four straight matches on the road after the season opener was called off due to weather.
- The Black and Gold are undefeated on the road in The American after sweeping their opening weekend and earning a victory at Memphis on Thursday.
Scouting the Hurricane
- Tulsa is 6-7-1 on the season, with a 2-3 mark in league play after falling short in a 2-1 defeat against South Florida on Thursday.
- The Knights lead the all-time series 12-0-1 against the Golden Hurricane.
- Anna Williams and Mia Darden pace the Tulsa offense with seven goals each this season, and 11 different members of Tulsa’s squad have found the back of the net.
- Mica MacKay has played in 13 games for Tulsa, making 65 saves with a 1.56 goals-against average.
The Knights return to the UCF Soccer Complex for a pair of matches. UCF will host SMU on Oct. 18, followed by Houston on Oct. 21.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team in its sixth season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.