PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women’s soccer team opened American Athletic Conference play with a 2-1 victory at Temple on Thursday afternoon.
The Knights (4-3-1) took a 1-0 advantage over Temple (5-7) just before halftime as Jessica Taylor scored her first goal of the season in the 44th minute. Zandy Soree doubled UCF’s lead in the 48th minute before the Owls found the net in the 60th minute.
Keeping the Streaks Alive
- UCF entered the match with a 7-0-0 record against Temple
- The Knights extended their win streak against the Owls to 8-0-0 on Thursday.
- The Black and Gold improved to 5-0-1 in their American Athletic Conference openers and are now 34-8-4 all-time in the league.
- Jessica Taylor became the fifth Knight to score a goal this season, striking just before halftime to put UCF in front going into the locker rooms.
- Zandy Soree’s marker in the 48th minute extended her team-leading goals to six, and was her third game-winner this season.
- UCF has now out-scored its opponents 15-9 in 2018.
The Knights continue league play at UConn on Sunday. UCF will face the Huskies at noon in a contest that will broadcast on the American Digital Network.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team is set for its sixth season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak and will welcome five teams from the 2017 NCAA Tournament to the UCF Soccer Complex in 2018. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.