ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women’s soccer team returns to action on Sunday, heading to DeLand to face Stetson.
UCF leads the all-time series against the Hatters, 21-0-0. Sunday’s match will begin at 7 p.m. at the Athletic Training Center.
- UCF returns to action after splitting its two-match homestand. The Knights topped Florida before falling to George Mason.
- Zandy Soree posted her first multi-goal outing as a Knight, with two in the win over Florida on Monday. She leads the Knights with four goals and nine total points on the season.
- Kristen Scott is second on the squad, tallying her second marker with a header against George Mason.
- Stefanie Sanders collected three points in the win over the Gators with a goal and an assist in the victory.
- Konya Plummer tallied her first goal as a Knight in the draw at Maryland.
- Vera Varis has started each match for the Knights, making 21 saves with a 1.12 goals-against average in 2018.
- In its first five games, UCF faced an opponent from the Big 12 (Texas), ACC (North Carolina, Miami), Big Ten (Maryland) and SEC (Florida).
- Stetson enters the match with a 3-3-2 overall record, having tied two of its last three outings, including a 1-1 draw against Miami on Sept. 9.
- Sunday’s contest marks the 22nd meeting between the two programs, and the squads will meet on the pitch for the third consecutive year.
- Six different members of Stetson’s team have scored a goal this season, led by Hailey Williams with two markers in 2018.
- Emily Plotz has played in all eight of the Hatters’ contests in goal. She’s allowed eight goals with a 0.95 goals-against average.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team is set for its sixth season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak and will welcome five teams from the 2017 NCAA Tournament to the UCF Soccer Complex in 2018. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.