ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – After four contests on the road, the UCF women’s soccer team will host Florida in its home opener at the UCF Soccer Complex on Sunday evening.
The contest will begin at 6 p.m., with gates opening at 5 p.m. The match will stream on UCFKnights.TV.
- UCF will play its first official match at home after four straight contests away from Orlando.
- Zandy Soree leads the Knights offensively with a pair of goals on the season. Kristen Scott scored her first collegiate marker in the final seconds at Miami. Konya Plummer tallied her first goal as a Knight in the draw at Maryland.
- The Knights are one of two teams in the country to face back-to-back nationally ranked opponents in their first two games of the season.
- On Monday, a pair of Knights were recognized for their defensive efforts in the win at Miami. Vera Varis earned the second Goalkeeper of the Week accolade of her career and Emily Tipton collected her first Defensive Player of the Week honor.
- In its first five games, UCF will have faced an opponent from the Big 12 (Texas), ACC (North Carolina, Miami), Big Ten (Maryland) and SEC (Florida.)
Sunshine State Showdown
- On Sunday, UCF will face its second in-state opponent of the season as the Knights host the Gators.
- The Knights collected a 2-0 victory against their first in-state opponent, Miami.
- UCF and Florida will meet for the first time since 2016, and the first time in Orlando since 2015.
- Florida enters the match with a 2-4-1 overall record, dropping its last two contests.
- Sunday’s contest marks the 19th meeting between the two programs. The Gators lead 14-3-1, with the last meeting coming in 2016.
- The Gators advanced to the quarterfinals of the 2017 NCAA Tournament.
- Four Gators have scored goals this season, led by Sammie Betters and Madison Alexander with two each. Cassidy Lindley and Melanie Monteagudo each have a marker.
- Kaylan Marckese has made six starts in goal for Florida and has a 1.10 goals-against average.
DON'T MISS OUT
The UCF women's soccer team is set for its sixth season under head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak and will welcome five teams from the 2017 NCAA Tournament to the UCF Soccer Complex in 2018. Click here or call (407) 823-1000 for ticket information.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.