ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF football team is set to close out the regular season this weekend, when the No. 8/9 Knights travel west to take on South Florida on Black Friday. Kickoff is scheduled for 4:15 p.m. with coverage on ESPN and FM 96.9 The Game.
Date: Friday, Nov. 23
Time: 4:15 p.m.
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
Live Stats: https://ucfknights.co/2KgftsC
The Knights have clinched a spot in the American Athletic Conference Championship for the second year in a row. UCF will play the winner of next week’s game between Houston and Memphis. The title game is scheduled for Dec. 1 at 3:30 p.m. at Spectrum Stadium.
S. FLORIDA GAME - NOTES TO KNOW
- After starting 2018 with 10 straight wins, the Knights enter their 11th game of the season still holding the nation’s longest winning streak at 23 games, which is a UCF and American Athletic Conference record. The Knights are one of just four undefeated teams in all of FBS (Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame).
- The Knights have started 10-0 under Heupel following a 38-13 win over No. 19 Cincinnati. After leading the nation in scoring last season (48.2ppg), UCF is currently sixth in the nation in scoring offense (43.6ppg) and sixth in the nation in total offense (528.9ypg).
- The UCF defense has gotten it done with turnovers again in 2018. Last season, the Knights finished second in the nation with a +1.31 turnover margin and with 24 turnovers gained through 10 games this season, UCF currently ranks second in all of FBS with a margin of +1.60.
- In fact, the UCF defense has forced at least one turnover in all 10 games of the 2018 season and in each of the last 29 games, dating back to the 2016 campaign. That streak leads the nation.
- The Knights have scored 30 or more points in 23 consecutive games, which is tied for the 2nd-longest streak in the AP Poll Era (since 1936). The only longer streak belongs to South Florida (24 straight, 2015-17).
- UCF moved up three spots in the AP Top 25 Poll and two spots in the Amway Coaches Poll this week. The Knights are now eighth in the AP Poll, the highest the program has ever been ranked during the regular season. UCF is the highest ranked team out of the state of Florida and the top team in The American.
- McKenzie Milton is having another standout season for the Knights. In fact, among all FBS quarterbacks, Milton leads the way, averaging 40.7 points per game started.
The Knights rose to eighth in the AP Top 25 Poll and ninth in the Amway Coaches Poll this week. UCF remains the highest ranked team out of the state of Florida and the top team in the American Athletic Conference.
Fans can make deposits for 2019 season tickets today! For more information call (407) 823-1000 or visit UCFKnights.com.