ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – As the summer leagues wind enter final stages of the season, the UCF baseball team has several players scattered throughout the country leading their teams into the playoffs.
Jeffrey Hakanson and Jack Sinclair led the Western Nebraska Pioneers to the Clark Division title in the Expedition League. Hakanson made 17 appearances during the regular season and a team-high nine saves. He struck out 47 batters over just 20 1/3 innings to post a 0.44 ERA. Sinclair had a spotless 5-0 record over nine starts in the regular season, fanning 37 batters in 45 2/3 innings of work with a 3.75 ERA.
Dallas Beaver was added to the Northwoods League Major League Dreams Showcase over the weekend. The rising junior has 28 RBI on the season with a .297 clip at the dish for the Lakeshore Chinooks. Beaver rolled off a 10-game hitting streak over the last week.
Ray Alejo helped the Brewster Whitecaps reach the Eastern Divisional Finals of the Cape Cod Baseball League to start the week. Alejo picked up three base hits and a pair of RBI in the two-game sweep of the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox, the regular season division champion. Alejo has a .265 batting average and 13 RBI in 34 games for the Whitecaps this summer.
Griffin Bernardo and Jaylyn Whitehead guided the Cincinnati Steam to the Great Lakes League Playoffs. Bernardo was a .378 hitter this summer with an impressive 44 RBI, seven homers, and 21 walks. Whitehead was a dominant starter in Cincinnati with 23 strikeouts in just 27 1/3 innings of work and a 2.30 ERA.
Tyler Osik and Chandler Robertson, both midseason additions to the Winder Park Diamond Dawgs, came up one game short of winning the Florida League Championship. Robertson found his groove after joining in July. The Canadian international led the team with a .338 batting average from the leadoff spot with 10 RBI and 12 walks. Osik played in just 15 games this summer and brought in eight RBI, including four home runs, to go along with a .208 clip.
• Brody Wofford (Wisconsin Rapids Rafters) Went 1-for-2 at the Northwoods League All-Star Game on July 24. The Rome, Ga., native has brought home 35 runs this season with eight homers and 14 doubles.
• Brandon Hernandez (Staunton Braves) – Finished the summer with a .313 clip at the plate and 17 runs driven in, along with three home runs.
• Dalton Wingo (Waynesboro Generals) – Capped first season of summer ball with nine RBI in 31 games on a .236 batting average.
• Anthony George (Seminole County Scorpions) – Posted a .298 mark at the dish this summer, eighth best in the league, and drove in seven RBI with 18 walks over 31 games.
• Adams Torres (Winter Garden Squeeze) – Brought in 15 runs in 34 games this summer and pelted a trio of homers.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Baseball on social media on Facebook (/UCF.Baseball), Twitter (UCF_Baseball) and Instagram (UCF.Baseball).