ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – In the light of senior day at the UCF Softball Complex, the Knights dropped the series finale Sunday afternoon against Houston, 9-1 at the UCF Softball Complex to fall to 30-20 overall and 8-10 in the American Athletic Conference.
Denali Schappacher led the way for the Knights at the plate collecting two hits.
Breanna Vasquez started in the circle for UCF and took the loss for a 9-7 overall record in her rookie season.
With the win, Houston improves to 34-16 overall the 10-7 in The American.
Things You Need to Know
- Damaria Cannon picked up a double on the day and went 1-for-3.
- In conference play, Cannon is hitting .364 with eight hits in 13 games played.
- Cannon paced the Knights in the series going 5-for-9 with two doubles, one run scored, and one walk.
- Vasquez tossed 5.2 innings giving up 16 hits, walked two and struck out two.
- Ashley Stephenson came in in the fifth inning and threw 1.1 innings giving up two hits, one run, and walked two.
- Barlow, Kyra Klarkowski, and Tamesha Glover each tallied a hit for the Knights.
- Barlow brought in the only run for the Knights with a single in the second inning.
- The Knights still hold the advantage in the all-time series with Houston, 22-21.
- UCF has one final conference series remaining as they head to Memphis for a three-game slate before The American Tournament in Houston.
UH: 3-0 | T2nd | After a single and a walk, Queen homered to center.
UCF: 3-1 | B2nd | Kaitlyn Jensen drew a leadoff walk and Tamesha Glover followed with a single. Barlow ripped a single to left field and scored Jensen.
UH: 4-1 | 3rd | A leadoff triple and a pair of singles extended Houston’s lead.
UH: 5-1 | 5th | A trio of singles and an error from the Knights allowed another run to score.
UH: 8-1 | 6th | The Cougars tallied three runs on five hits, while loading the bases to grab three runs.
UH: 9-1 | 7th | Two walks put runners on for Houston, followed by a pair of singles added another run to the board for the Cougars.
UCF’s final home game of the regular season will be on Wednesday, May 1 at 5 p.m. against North Florida.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).