ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – Looking to stay perfect in midweek contests, the UCF baseball team returns home to face FAU on Tuesday night at John Euliano Park. It will be Sandlot Knight, presented by OUC, where the Knights will pay homage to one of the best baseball movies in history.
UCF Is looking to bounce back from a road series loss at Cincinnati. On Friday, the Black and Gold posted its biggest shutout win since joining the American Athletic Conference with a 15-0 run-rule victory over eight innings. However, during a Saturday doubleheader, the Knights could not clinch the series, falling in the series finale on a two-run walk-off home run.
Dalton Wingo has stepped up as of late. The sophomore hit .412 over the last week with a team-high seven RBI. Wingo recorded a hit in three of the four games, including a pair of three-hit performances. The Plant, Fla., native is up to a .281 batting average on the year with 26 runs driven in, which ranks third on the team.
ON THE MOUND
The Knights will turn to Jordan Spicer for his sixth straight midweek start. The righty is 2-0 on the year with a 4.50 ERA in seven starts. The senior has allowed just a pair of earned runs over his last here starts, while striking out seven batters. UCF is 6-1 in games that Spicer starts this season.
• UCF will have a limited supply of 3/4 length t-shirts with a special script Knights on the front for the first fans at the game.
• There will also be a limited supply of t-shirts that will be sold as a part of a ticket package. Visit ucfknights.co/SandlotKnight for more details.
• Presented by OUC, Sandlot Knight will have video board elements and on-field games featuring The Sandlot.
• The Owls are 24-11 on the year and sit atop the C-USA standings with a 12-3 mark after a series loss against Louisiana Tech.
• The pitching staff has an ERA of 4.06 and ranks 18th in the nation with 3.11 walks allowed per nine innings.
• Francisco Urbaez and Eric Rivera lead a contingent of five Owls hitting over .300, with clips of .359 and .340, respectively.
UCF vs. FAU – April 16, 6 PM | Live Stats | UCFKnights.TV | FM96.9/AM740 The Game
Jordan Spicer, RHP (2-0, 5.19 ERA) vs. Dylan Carter, RHP (1-0, 4.00 ERA)
• UCF owns a 43-35 advantage over the Owls in the all-time series.
• Ben McCabe leads the team with a .429 clip at the plate in midweek games, followed by Matthew Mika’s .424 batting average.
• Mika swiped his team-leading 16th base of the year over the weekend.
• Brandon Hernandez is ranked 29th in the nation with seven sacrifice bunts.
• Dallas Beaver is second in The American in walks with 31.
• Ray Alejo leads The American with four triples.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Baseball on social media on Facebook (/UCF.Baseball), Twitter (UCF_Baseball) and Instagram (UCF.Baseball).