|UCF at Stetson
Saturday, March 16 | 2 & 4 p.m.
Watch |Live Stats
ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF softball team wraps up their road trip with a doubleheader at Stetson on Saturday starting at 2 p.m.
The game will have a free live stream on Hatter Vision and live stats will also be available.
The Knights are 17-9 on the season and 0-1 on the road off their recent trip to Gainesville, Fla., where they faced a midweek battle with No. 7 Florida.
- Stetson holds a 8-14 record and 6-9 at home. The Hatters have played 13-straight home games with their most recent home matchup came against splitting with UMass in a pair of contests.
- The Knights and Hatters have played two common opponents thus far in LA Tech and Saint Joseph’s. Stetson split a pair of games with LA Tech and lost to Saint Joseph’s, 6-2.
- UCF and Stetson have not battled with one another since 2015 when the Knights beat the Hatters, 9-2.
- The Black and Gold hold the advantage in the all-time series between UCF and Stetson, 18-8. Stetson’s last win was in the 2014 NCAA Regional in Gainesville with a 6-4 victory. The two would faceoff the next day with a UCF victory, 6-4.
- Stetson is currently last in the Atlantic Sun standings.
- DÉJÀ VU: For the second time this season and the sixth of her career, Alea White was named American Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Week. White made her 100th appearance as a Knight last week as she posted 4-0 record. She struck out 29 batters in 26 innings of work, including 11 against Chattanooga, just one shy of her career high. White held opposing batters to 13 hits and allowed two runs while leading UCF to a five-win week.
- ROBBING IN GAINESVILLE: Kyra Klarkowski led the Knights’ defense against Florida with a double play in center field and she robbed a home run from Kendyl Lindaman. Klarkowski also gunned out a runner at home for her fourth assist of the season.
- FLORIDA FALL: The Knights fell to No. 7 Florida, 5-0 in Gainesville. Denali Schappacher led the way offensively with two hits and a walk, while Karissa Ornelas, Aubrey Johnson, and Brooke Barlow each recorded a hit for UCF.
- HONOR ROLL: For the second time this season, Cassady Brewer made The American Honor Roll. Brewer led the Knights in hits and RBI this week, going 9-for-21 and driving in four runs. She tallied a pair of doubles and a home run at the plate, while defensively, she caught a pair of would-be base-stealers.
- THE WATER WAS CLEAR: UCF posted a 4-1 weekend at the USF Clearwater Tournament, their last tournament of the regular season. The Knights shutout Seton Hall, Saint Joseph’s, and St. John’s, while also putting up a win over Chattanooga. UCF fell to Furman who later when on to also beat No. 17 Indiana.
- ROAD ROOKIES: UCF’s matchup with the Gators was the Knights’ first road game of the season. The Knights have played 16 home games (11-5 record) and nine neutral site battles (6-3). In 2018, UCF was 6-9 in road matches.
TICKETS FOR 2019
Fans can purchase tickets for the 2019 UCF softball season by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.
FOLLOW THE KNIGHTS
Follow UCF Softball on social media on Facebook (/UCFSoftball), Twitter (UCF_Softball) and Instagram (UCF.Softball).