ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – The annual War On I-4 is upon us. The UCF men’s basketball team is set to play the front end of a home-and-home rivalry season series when the Knights host South Florida for a 7 p.m. tilt at CFE Arena on Wednesday, presented by CFE Federal Credit Union.
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 13
Time: 7 p.m.
Radio: 96.9 FM/740 AM The Game
Live Stats: https://ucfknights.co/2GnEJ0X
The Knights (17-5, 7-3) got back to their winning ways on Sunday, earning a road victory at SMU to remain in third place in the American Athletic Conference standings. Right behind UCF is rival South Florida. The Bulls (17-6, 7-4) have won five in a row and are fourth in the league.
Having been picked last in the Preseason Coaches Poll, South Florida has surprised many with its play this season, going 10-2 in non-conference play. The Bulls have continued to showcase their talent with a 7-4 mark in league play, including wins over UConn, Wichita State, Memphis and SMU.
UCF aims to continue its recent success against South Florida on Wednesday, as the Knights have won each of the last six meetings against the Bulls. The last time the Black and Gold los in the series was in March of 2015.
Three points in the War On I-4 Rivalry Series are also on the line Wednesday. UCF currently leads this season by a score of 30-6 thanks to victories by volleyball, men’s soccer, cross country, football and women’s basketball. The Knights have defeated the Bulls the first two years of the series.
PROMOTIONS TO KNOW
- Wednesday’s War On I-4 game is presented by CFE Federal Credit Union.
- It’s South Floridian Knight at CFE Arena, as Area Code “305” and “954” t-shirts will be given out for students in attendance
- There is also a South Floridian Knight Ticket Pack available: Two tickets, Two t-shirts for $35. https://ucfknights.co/2GEMhLS
- It’s also the Baldwin Park Game for the Orlando’s Hometown Games Series. Use promo code “BALDWIN19” for discounted tickets. https://ucfknights.co/2GEMhLS
NOTES TO KNOW
- South Florida holds a 22-15 advantage over UCF in the all-time series.
- UCF is a perfect 17-0 when leading with two minutes to go in the game.
- Tacko Fall has successfully won all 22 tipoffs this season and each of the last 26 dating back to last year.
- Aubrey Dawkins was named to The American’s Weekly Honor Roll after scoring a season-high 26 points at SMU on Sunday.
- The Knights lead The American in field goal percentage with a mark of 46.8 percent.
- A win would make UCF 18-5, the program’s best 23-game start since the 2003-04 season.
TICKETS FOR 2018-19
Fans excited for the 2018-19 UCF men's basketball season can purchase tickets today by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here: https://ucfknights.co/mbb1819tix.