ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFKnights.com) – The UCF women’s basketball team opens a three-game home stand on Sunday, hosting Cincinnati in CFE Arena.
The Knights (13-2, 2-0 The American) and the Bearcats (9-6, 1-1 The American) will tip at noon in a contest that will air on ESPNU.
Sunday is National Peach Melba Day a limited supply of peach melba will be the concession of the game. The Flying Hounds Frisbee Trick Dog Show will perform at halftime.
Date: Sunday, Jan. 13
Time: Noon ET
Live Stats: ucf.statbroadcast.com
Purchase Tickets: UCFKnights.com
Promotions: National Peach Melba Day; The Flying Hounds Frisbee Trick Dog Show at halftime
Notes to Know
- UCF earned votes in both the AP Top 25 and the USA Today/WBCA Top 25 polls for the first time in program history.
- The Knights are off to the best start in program history at 13-2.
- Kay Kay Wright has scored in double figures in all 15 games and is UCF’s leading scorer with 18.9 points per game.
- The Orlando native moved into sole possession of seventh all-time at UCF with 324 career assists.
- UCF’s leading rebounder is Nyala Shuler with 7.5 boards per contest. She moved into fifth all-time in career rebounds this season with 732 and counting.
- Kayla Thigpen has scored in double figures in four of the last five games, including a career-best 20 points at Memphis, and is UCF’s second leading scorer on the season at 9.3 points per game.
Home Sweet Home
- UCF returns to CFE Arena for the first of three consecutive home games on Sunday.
- The Knights went undefeated at home during non-conference play, posting 4-0 mark.
- The Black and Gold return to The City Beautiful after a five-game stretch of games on the road.
- UCF will also host Tulsa (Jan. 16) and SMU (Jan. 19) during the home stand.
Scouting the Opponents
- UCF and Cincinnati meet for the 12th time on the hardwood. The Bearcats lead the all-time series 7-4, and a slight 5-4 advantage in The American.
- Cincinnati is 9-6 overall this season, with a 1-1 mark in The American.
- IImar’I Thomas paces the Bearcats with 12.5 points per game and 7.1 rebounds per contest. She also has a team-high 10 blocks.
- Antoinette Miller averages 11.1 points per game for Cincinnati and leads the squad with 35 steals.
Next up, UCF will host Tulsa on Jan. 16. Originally scheduled for a 7 p.m. tip, the game has been moved up to a 6 p.m. start.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.