ORLANDO (UCFKnights.com) – Off to a 2-0 start in American Athletic Conference play, the UCF men’s basketball team is the only squad still undefeated in a league filled with parity early in the conference slate. The Knights look to remain undefeated in AAC action and improve to 13-2 overall when they host ECU Sunday at 4 p.m.
Date: Sunday, Jan. 13
Time: 4 p.m. ET
Radio: 96.9 FM/740 AM The Game
Live Stats: https://ucfknights.co/2Rluxfc
The Knights (12-2, 2-0) have won six in a row and aim for a seventh straight this weekend, which would mark the team’s longest win streak since starting the 2010-11 season 14-0. At 12-2 overall, UCF is also out to its best start since that 2010-11 campaign.
ECU (8-7, 1-2) comes to Orlando playing some of its best basketball under head coach Joe Dooley, who returned to Greenville for his second stint with the Pirates this season. ECU has won four of its last seven and recently knocked off defending league champion Cincinnati, 73-71.
The Knights lead the all-time series against ECU by a count of 20-9 and have won nine of 12 all-time meetings in Orlando. It’s been all Black and Gold as of late, as UCF has won the last six, with the most recent ECU win coming in 2015.
NOTES TO KNOW
- The Knights are 8-1 at home in 2018-19.
- UCF is receiving votes in both of the national polls, including a season-high 14 in the USA Today Coaches Poll.
- Aubrey Dawkins has scored in double figures in each of his first 14 games as a Knight, the first UCF player to do so in the program’s Division I era.
- Dawkins was named the American Athletic Conference Player of the Week for the second time this season on Monday.
- BJ Taylor ranks fifth in The American with a career-high 17.6 points per game.
- Tacko Fall leads The American with a 80.0 percent field goal percentage and is fifth in the nation with 3.21 blocked shots per game.
- UCF leads The American in both field goal percentage (49.1) and three-point percentage (37.5).
- In the most recent Bracketology from ESPN and NCAA.com, UCF is projected to be a nine seed.
- UCF is 9-0 this season when Fall scores in double figures.
PROMOTIONS TO KNOW
- With students back on campus for the spring semester, the Knightmare Student Section can get their new wardrobe at Sunday’s game. T-Shirts will be available for students in attendance.
- The new Orlando’s Hometown Team Knights gets started on Sunday with City of Oviedo Knight at CFE Arena. Use code "OVIEDO19" to purchase discounted tickets: https://ucfknights.co/Oviedo19
- Fans won’t want to miss halftime, as the Flying Frisbee Houndz will take the court for a special performance.
TICKETS FOR 2018-19
Fans excited for the 2018-19 UCF men's basketball season can purchase tickets today by calling (407) 823-1000 or online here: https://ucfknights.co/mbb1819tix.